UK & EU – For professional and institutional investors only
Switzerland – this is an advertising document for professional and institutional clients as defined by the Swiss Financial Services Act only
News flow continues to be dominated by inflation, its knock-on effect on the future direction of monetary policy, and escalating geopolitical tensions, much as it has been over the course of the year thus far.
Inflation prints continue to be troublesome, particularly accelerating core inflation in the US, where shelter and services more than offset falling energy and finished good prices.
Central banks continued on their hawkish trajectory for the most part; the ECB raised by another 0.75%, whilst at the time of writing the Federal Reserve have also raised by another 0.75% as well as indicating a higher terminal rate, and rates staying there for longer than previously anticipated.
In spite of this, equity markets on the whole posted healthy returns after September’s volatility. The exception was China, where hopes that the Party Conference would possibly signal an end to the country’s insane zero-covid policy were premature as Xi Jinping instead used the occasion to consolidate power, notably with the Game of Thrones-style removal of former President Hu Jintao from the chamber.
The Fund increased by 3.8% over the month.
There was one investment that matured during the month, four years since its inception. The investment was replaced at terms that show just how attractively the market is pricing currently, with a coupon of 10.5% and protection that would allow the indices to fall 40% over 6 years from already depressed levels before any capital erosion.
The opportunity was also taken at the start of the month to restructure one of the two Hang Seng positions, before the party conference. The position was switched into an investment on the US 2000 and Swiss Market 30 indices with an annual payoff of 11.3%, which improved the Fund’s GRY in all scenarios as well as adding extra protection given the new investment was also struck with a 40% buffer.
Persistent inflation, central banks steadfast in their hawkishness to bring it under control as well as continued geopolitical tension and the de-globalisation it brings mean that investors must take seriously the prospect that equity returns may be anaemic over the medium term. The Fund remains poised to deliver significant returns if markets do turn out to be anaemic, just as it does if there are further falls or indeed a recovery from here.
|Hong Kong 50||-34.5%||-13.7%|
|US Equity Income||-17.4%||8.9%|
– This document has been issued and approved as a financial promotion by Fortem Capital Limited for the purpose of section 21 of the Financial Services and Markets Acts 2000. Fortem Capital Limited registration number 10042702 is authorised and regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority under firm reference number 755370.
– This document is intended for Professional Investors, Institutional Clients and Advisors and should not be communicated to any other person.
– The information has been prepared solely for information purposes only and is not an offer or solicitation of an offer to buy or sell the product.
– Data is sourced from Fortem Capital Limited and external sources. The data is as at the date of this document and has been reviewed by Fortem Capital Limited.
– Information, including prices, analytical data and opinions contained within this document are believed to be correct, accurate and derived from reliable sources as at the date of the document. However, no representation or warranty, expressed or implied is made as to the correctness, accuracy or validity of such information.
– Fortem Capital Limited assumes
no responsibility or
liability for any errors, omissions or inaccuracy with respect to the information contained within this document.
– All price and analytical data included in this document is
intended for indicative purposes only and is as at the date
of the document.
– The information within this document does not take into account the specific investment objective or financial situation of any person. Investors should refer to the final documentation and any prospectus to ascertain all of the risks and terms associated with these securities and seek independent advice, where necessary, before making any decision to buy or sell.
– The product may not be offered, sold, transferred or delivered directly or indirectly in the United States to, or for the account or benefit of, any U.S. Person.
– The Fortem Capital Alternative Growth Fund is a Sub-Fund of Skyline, an open-ended investment company with variable capital incorporated on 1 June 2010 with limited liability under the laws of Ireland with segregated liability between Funds. The Company is authorised in Ireland by the Central Bank of Ireland pursuant to the UCITS Regulations.
“NOTICE TO INVESTORS DOMICILED OR RESIDENT IN SWITZERLAND – The interests in the UCITS Fund and any related services, information and opinions described or referenced in this document are not, and may not be, offered or marketed to or directed at persons in Switzerland (a) that do not meet the definition of “qualified investor" pursuant to the Swiss Federal Act on Collective Investment Schemes of 23 June 2006 (“CISA") (“Non-Qualified Investors"), or (b) that are high net worth individuals (including private investment structures established for such high-net worth individuals if they do not have professional treasury operations) that have opted out of customer protection under the Swiss Federal Financial Services Act of 15 June 2018 (“FinSA") and that have elected to be treated as “professional clients" and “qualified investors" under the FinSA and the CISA, respectively (“Elective Qualified Investors").
In particular, none of the information provided in this document should be construed as an offer in Switzerland
for the purchase or sale of the interests or any related services, nor as advertising in Switzerland for the interests or any related services, to or directed at Non-Qualified Investors or Elective Qualified Investors. Circulating or otherwise providing access to this document or offering, advertising or selling the interests or any related services to Non-Qualified Investors or Elective Qualified Investors may trigger, in particular, approval requirements and other regulatory requirements in Switzerland.
This document does not constitute a prospectus pursuant to Articles 35 et seqq. FinSA and may not fulfil the information standards established thereunder. No key information document pursuant to Swiss law has been established for the interests. The interests will not be listed or admitted to trading on a Swiss trading venue and, consequently, the information presented in this document may not fulfil the information standards set out in the relevant trading venue rules."
TO ACCESS ALL AREAS OF THIS SITE PLEASE READ THE TERMS AND CONDITIONS SET OUT BELOW. TO ACCESS ALL AREAS OF THIS SITE PLEASE READ THE TERMS AND CONDITIONS SET OUT BELOW AND THEN CLICK “ACCEPT”.
This website, issued and approved by Fortem Capital Limited, constitutes a financial promotion under Section 21 of the Financial Services and Markets Act 2000. Fortem Capital Limited is a limited company registered in England and Wales number 10042702. Fortem Capital International Limited is a limited company registered in England and Wales number 10949208 and provides services on behalf of Fortem Capital Limited to clients outside of the UK. Fortem Capital International Limited is an Appointed Representative of Fortem Capital Limited which authorised and regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority under firm reference number 755370.
The purpose of this website is to inform professional advisors of the products and services offered by Fortem Capital Limited and Fortem Capital International Limited.
The information in this website should not be considered as an offer to purchase securities, and nothing stated within this website constitutes investment, tax or any other advice.
This website is confidential, and no part of it may be reproduced, distributed or transmitted without the prior written permission of Fortem Capital Limited and Fortem Capital International Limited.
Non-Retail Clients Only
In the UK, this website is only directed at professional clients and eligible counterparties as defined by the FCA. Structured products are complex instruments and will only be appropriate for investors who have the knowledge and experience to understand the risks involved. Fortem Capital Limited does not give advice on the suitability of its products to private retail investors.
Investments may go up or down in value and you may lose some or all of the amount invested. Past performance is not necessarily a guide for the future. Returns from the structured products are at risk in the event of any of the institutions who provide securities for these products default on their financial obligations. Any decision to invest should be based on the information contained in the relevant term sheet or prospectus (and any supplements thereto) of the relevant product which includes information on certain risks associated with an investment.
This website does not disclose all the risks and other significant issues related to an investment in the securities. Prior to transacting potential investors should ensure that they fully understand the terms of the securities and any applicable risks.
Neither this website nor any documents contained within it constitutes an offer or solicitation to sell in any jurisdiction in which an offer, solicitation, purchase or sale would be unlawful under the securities law of that jurisdiction. The material contained within is purely for information purposes and its accuracy cannot be guaranteed. By accessing this website you represent that you are permitted by the laws of your jurisdiction of residence to access this site and the information contained herein. This website is not intended for residents of the United States as we are not authorised to sell our products and services in the USA.
We will not be liable for any loss or damage arising out of or in connection with the use of this site.
(1) I HAVE READ UNDERSTOOD AND ACCEPT THIS DISCLAIMER AND
(2) I CONFIRM THAT I AM NOT A RESIDENT OF THE UNITED STATES AND UNDERSTAND (A) THAT THE INFORMATION THAT FOLLOWS IS ONLY BEING OFFERED TO AND IS ONLY INTENDED TO BE AVAILABLE TO PERSONS WHO ARE NOT RESIDENTS OF THE UNITED STATES AND (B) THAT FORTEM CAPITAL LIMTIED AND FORTEM CAPITAL INTERNATIONAL LIMITED WILL RELY ON THE ACCURACY OF THIS INFORMATION
(3) I CONFIRM I AM A PROFESSIONAL CLIENT OR ELIGIBLE COUNTERPARTY (as defined by the FCA)